Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ek Packet Ummeed: It’s all about Hope

Ek Packet Ummeed is a TV series running on NDTV IMAGINE and drawing a good response from the viewers. I had the good fortune to compose the title track of this series. I had not done television work for a long time and EPU was a perfect launch pad for a re-entry. JD Majethia and Aatish Kapadia the producer duo of HATS OFF PRODUCTIONS placed their faith in me absolutely without hearing a shred of what I had composed and I am really thankful to them. It was wonderful working with the two of them. JD is a warm and effusive person and Aatish is calm and extremely sensitive as a writer. He had written the lyrics for the title song I liked at once. The song has been sung by two of my favourite singers – Hamsika and Mahalaxmi Iyer. I hope you like this song.